ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] define path problems

2009-03-26 15:48:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] define path problems
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:44:00 -0400
On Mar 26, 2009, at 3:39 PM, Alexander Lazarevich wrote:

Well, we have HP drives that came with the Overland Neo 4100
library. Any
idea where to get the HP drivers for LTO2 drives? I've looked on HP's
website and can only find the Windows drivers, not TSM.

It also seems odd that these are identical drivers to the ones that
were
replaced, shouldn't the same TSM driver we've been using for the
last 5
years still work for the replacement drives?

If the replacement drives were *identical* to the old ones, then you
could probably get away with using a very old device driver.  But new
drives are usually different in mechanics, and certainly firmware,
from years-old drives.  If you haven't tried the latest TSM driver
level, why delay?

   Richard Sims