ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Dear Tuscon

2009-03-20 21:37:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Dear Tuscon
From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:28:53 -0500
On Mar 20, 2009, at 1:05 PM, David E Ehresman wrote:

Gee. Our 3592 tapes cost somewhere around 100 dollars.  We keep 5
days worth of TSM DB backups.  $500 is real cheap in order to keep a
copy of our most important DR resource on our most reliable backup
medium.

Everyone's different. When a shop is small enough that they only buy
20 3592 tapes for their new TSM image, it's hard to tell them that
they need to set aside however many for once-a-week off-site backups
of the TSM DB and however more so they can do daily TSM DB backups.

Stacking DB backups for the on-site tapes would be nice.