ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 - can I do a X server platform database restore?

2009-03-12 14:23:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 - can I do a X server platform database restore?
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:21:51 -0400
My point was, which I obvously failed to make,, was that it's a programming
issue that is doable, given the will to do it.

             Remco Post
             <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>                                                 Subject
                                       Re: TSM 6.1 - can I do a X server
                                       platform database restore?
             03/12/2009 12:52
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

On 12 mrt 2009, at 16:29, Richard Rhodes wrote:

> I know moving disk storage based file systems between unix servers

I'd love to know how you'd mount a reiserfs on AIX :P or even a UFS on
AIX. This is a very broad statement. In some cases this might work, in
most it won't.

> possible, so I would think it could be done for tape.  We have swung
> disk
> storage from  hpux/vxvm/vxfs/oracle systems to aix/vxvm/vxfs/oracle
> systems
> to migrate from hpux to aix.  You have to run some utilities on vxvm
> and
> oracle to do it, but they run in just a few min - no oracle export/
> import
> required.

Oracle! What does oracle have to do with TSM? (yes I know you can
backup Oracle database to TSM).

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards

Remco Post