ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SV: TSM 6.1 - can I do a X server platform database restore?

2009-03-12 11:38:55
Subject: [ADSM-L] SV: TSM 6.1 - can I do a X server platform database restore?
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:33:51 +0100
Moving the TSM server using a database backup/restore is not a supported
operation. I think this is also clearly stated on the TSM website.

The problem is not in the actual way that TSM is writing data to the tapes but
how the OS is writing labels and stuff to the tapes in question.

Regards

Daniel Sparrman