ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Exchange TDP backup issue

2009-03-05 13:27:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] Exchange TDP backup issue
From: TSM User <user.tsm AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 12:52:58 -0500
I'm trying to get the Exchange TDP 5.5.1.0 working on a Windows 2008 server
running Exchange 2007.  We're at the point now where we are getting the
below error running a script from the command line.  I'm neither a Windows
nor Exchange admin, but the admin I'm working with has verified that all
databases are in fact mounted.  The TDP is seeing the correct number of
storage groups, so we're getting to the Exchange server.  Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated; I'm beating my head against a wall at this
point.

Error log:

Current date is:
Thu 03/05/2009
Current time is:
12:40 PM

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail:
Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange Server
Version 5, Release 5, Level 1.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1998, 2008. All rights reserved.

ACN5057I The C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange\excsch.log log file has
been pruned successfully.

Starting storage group backup...
Connecting to TSM Server as node 'EXLOYCMS'...

Total storage groups requested for backup:  7
Total storage groups backed up:             0
Total storage groups expired:               0
Total storage groups excluded:              0

Throughput rate:                            0.00 Kb/Sec
Total bytes transferred:                    0
Elapsed processing time:                    0.00 Secs

ACN5073E None of the storage groups entered are in a state to be backed up.

The script (minus comments) is:

@ECHO OFF

set exc_dir="C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange"

cd /d %exc_dir%

echo Current date is: >> excfull.sg1.log
date /t < NUL >> excfull.sg1.log
echo Current time is: >> excfull.sg1.log
time /t < NUL >> excfull.sg1.log

tdpexcc backup * full /tsmoptfile=C:\Progra~1\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange\dsm.opt
/logfile=excsch.log /excserv=EXLOYCMS  >> excfull.sg1.log

The dsm.opt file is (also minus comments) is:

NODename          exloycms
CLUSTERnode       yes
COMPRESSIon       Off
PASSWORDAccess    Generate

COMMMethod        TCPip
TCPPort           1500
TCPServeraddress  192.168.51.11
TCPWindowsize     63
TCPBuffSize       32

SCHEDMODE             Polling
SCHEDLOGRetention     7
TCPCLIENTADDRESS      192.168.53.26

INCLUDE EXLOYCMS\SG*\...\* exchange_mc_7tdp