ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Cloning a TSM

2009-03-04 11:37:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Cloning a TSM
From: Steven Langdale <Steven.Langdale AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:36:15 +0000
Hello

Didn't see the original post, but yes I have (sort of)

As Christian said, I also had to copy the log files.

I didn't do it with a DB copy because that wouldn't start up, the clone
server complained about it's copy volumes so I reduced the copies to one on
the donor machine, copied the DB/logs and added copies back.  The copy was
done while the server was down.

For the life of me I can't remember what I did about the
dbpageshadowfile.....

Maybe a better approach would be a db backup to a file type device?

 Steven Langdale

 Global Information Services

 EAME SAN/Storage Planning and
 Implementation

 ( Phone : +44 (0)1733 584175

 ( Mob: +44 (0)7876 216782

 ü Conference: +44 (0)208 609 7400 Code:
 331817

 + Email: steven.langdale AT cat DOT com

             Christian
             Svensson
             <Christian.Svenss                                          To
             on AT CRISTIE DOT SE>            ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         [ADSM-L] SV: Cloning a TSM
             .EDU>

             04/03/2009 15:44

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Caterpillar: Confidential Green                 Retain Until: 03/04/2009

Hi David,
I don't think that will work. Because you need log files and
DBPageShadowFile synced with your databases.

I was involved with IGS/IBM SWG when we clone couple hundred of Linux TSM
Servers using CBMR. But that was more for a installation point of view?
We where looking at DB Mirror and Log Mirror (DBCOPY LOGCOPY) and had to
much problems, so they ended with CBMR to install/Clone and DB Backup to
keep a copy of the database after installation.

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson