ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Servers supported on virtual machines--anything new?

2009-03-03 13:27:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Servers supported on virtual machines--anything new?
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:26:49 -0600
>From what I can see in that Chart the only server that can run in a
virtualized environment that is support is on zOS (mainframe) and
zSeries Linux (again on a mainframe).

Every other virtualized environment is for clients.

I would NOT run TSM as a VMware guest regardless of the client OS you
use to run it.  As we've hashed over here before TSM is very IO
intensive and VMware would just get in the way.

See Ya'
Howard

TSM