ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] NTUTIL Erase Tape causes an error after checkin and labeling the tape.

2009-03-02 17:08:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] NTUTIL Erase Tape causes an error after checkin and labeling the tape.
From: Daniel Lane <dlane AT THEABFM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 17:05:57 -0500
Richard,

Thank you for the reply.

When each was labeled the activity log shows them as successful after each
process. My apologizes for leaving that out.

The tapes were used prior to the erase by the same TSM server, library and
drives without any issues.  I did not get these errors until after I erased
them on any volume.  I also tried the Wizard to label them and that didn't
work. It is strange the first time on some of the tapes they mount and data is
written to them then the next time when TSM goes to access the tape again it
cannot read the labels.  I really don't understand this. It is like the label
is not really written to the tapes.

Thank You,
Dan Lane
Systems Administrator
The American Board of Family Medicine, Inc.
(859) 269-5626 - Ext. 293

dlane AT theabfm DOT org - Email

"This email message and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the American Board of
Family Medicine immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an
email to dlane AT theabfm DOT org. If you are not the intended recipient, you
must immediately destroy all copies of this message and any attachments without
reading or disclosing their contents. Thank you.
For more information regarding the American Board of Family Medicine, please
visit us at https://www.theabfm.org/.";