ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tape performance (was: Re: Preferred TSM Platform)

2009-03-02 09:36:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tape performance (was: Re: Preferred TSM Platform)
From: Yudi Darmadi <yudi AT NIAGAPRIMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 21:34:17 +0700
Need your advice.

I had a scheduled monthly archive for a file server, data stored direct to
tape LTO4 with total size approx. 900GB, and it takes 26 hours!
I had try using NT backup for the same object, and it's just take 10 hours.
What's wrong with this TSM-tape performance? The aggregate rate is just
10MB/s.

My TSM server is Wind 2003 R2 SP2, TSM Client Win 2003 R2 SP2, LANFree.

Best Regards,

Yudi Darmadi
PT Niagaprima Paramitra
Jl. KH Ahmad Dahlan No.25  Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan 12130
Phone: 021-72799949; Fax: 021-72799950; Mobile: 081905530830
http://www.niagaprima.com