ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tivoli Novell client support

2009-02-27 11:33:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tivoli Novell client support
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:32:46 +0100
On Feb 27, 2009, at 15:51 , Timothy Hughes wrote:

Hello All,

A Novell client of ours recently wanted me to ask if IBM Tivoli
Storage Manager would continue to support Novell/Netware
TIVOLI backups clients. I have not heard anything to the contrary.
As for as I know they will continue to backup Novell has anyone
heard anything about IBM discontinuing backup Novell clients?

I haven't heard anything either way. IBM usually has the policy not to
stop support of a supported platform before the platform vendors stops
support. I've seen that on Irix the client functional level was a step
back from the other clients in the end (and those were no major
functional changes iirc). I'm sure that there is no reason to worry.

Now, I've been hearing rumors that Novell will pull support for the
old netware OS for ages, and that they are encouraging users to move
to what is basically a Linux OS with netware support, but I have no
evidence of this.

Thanks for any responses!

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,