ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] How to define Library2

2009-02-25 23:48:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] How to define Library2
From: Fred Johanson <Fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 22:47:04 -0600
For years we've lived happily in the situation of TSM instance (and machine) NT
whose only function is to serve as library manager for our 6 production (N1-N6)
and test (N7) TSM.  NT controls a TS3500 named CAPEK which has a logical
library (1-01) known to N1-N6 as CAPEKLIB1.  So far, everything works finem no
questions.

Now we're setting up TSM for NAS.  Our first NAS client will live on N6.  We
have defined on CAPEK a new virtual library (1-02) with the appropriate drives
and label range.  We think of this as CAPEKLIB2, an entity distinct from the
active shared Library Manager defined on N1-N6 as CAPEKLIB1.

So now I sit at the command line of N6 and worry.  If I enter the command "def
libr CAPEKLIB2 shared=no etc., etc." I don't see how that associates with the
virtual library 1-02 on the TS3500.  I'm obviously missing something as plain
as the nose on my face, but what is it?

Fred Johanson
TSM Administrator
University of Chicago