ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Export/Import node from one instance to another

2009-02-19 14:43:41
Subject: [ADSM-L] Export/Import node from one instance to another
From: Richard Mochnaczewski <Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:42:16 -0500
Hi *,

I'm experiencing some trouble trying to export all of one node's filespace from
one TSM instance to another ( both instances located on the same machine ). I
tried doing an export using the toserver option but what happens is that the
filespace information is copied over with none of the data and terminates
within minutes ( we have about 200Gb of data to be exported ). We want to move
the node from one instance ot another. I also tried doing an export from tape
to import on the second instance, but the import bombs when creating the node
and subsequently does not import any data. Has anyone had real success with the
export/import, or is its use hit and miss ? I have a ticket open with IBM and
have double checked my privilege when doing a toserver import and also and have
checked my export and import when using tape and it all looks good.

TSM Server 5.4.3.0 running on AIx 5.3

Rich