ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANS1217E Server name missing?

2009-02-18 15:40:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANS1217E Server name missing?
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:34:13 -0500
Oops.  I did not scroll down far enough in your message.  Just saw your
DSM.OPT

Just add "SErvername       TSMSERVERA" to the front of the DSM.SYS file.

You can have multiple stanzas in the DSM.SYS file, for different
configurations.  The stanzas are identified by the "servername" statement.
 You would pic the stanza by creating multiple DSM.OPT files, each with a
"servername" statement to point to the DSM.SYS stanza you want to use. For
instance, my Notes servers have 19-stanza in the DSM.SYS file.  Individual
DSM.OPT files pointed to by using CLI options control what DSM.OPT file is
used.

Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
02/18/2009 03:21 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] ANS1217E Server name missing?

Hello all,

I am trying to start the dsmcad for this client and the server name is
in the System options file,  however I keep getting the error below
saying Server name not found has anyone had this issue?

(dsmcad) ANS1217E Server name not found in System Options File Execution
terminated: CAD initialization failure  Check error log
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmerror.log

costellsew:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin>dsmc
ANS1217E Server name not found in System Options File
costellsew:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin>

Also, there is no dsm.error log

Thanks in advance!

   COMMmethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1750
   TCPServeraddress  xxx.xxx.xxx.xx.
   Nodename          costellsew
   Passwordaccess       generate
   TCPclientaddress   xx.xx.xx.xx
   Httpport             1603
   Exclude.backup /.../core
   Exclude.backup /tmp/.../*
   Exclude.dir /.netscape/cache
   Exclude.backup /.../*.ctl
   Exclude.backup /.../*.CTL
   Exclude.backup /.../redo*.log
   Exclude.backup /.../*.DBF
   Exclude.backup /.../*.dbf
   Include /.../dsmwebcl.log special
   Include /.../dsmsched.log special
   Include /.../dsmerror.log special
   tcpw         64
   tcpb         32
   Resourceutilization  4
   ERRORLOGname /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmerror.log
   SCHEDLOGName /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmsched.log
   Errorlogretention 14
   Schedlogretention 7
   Schedmode         prompted
   LARGECOMmbuffers    YES
   MANAGEDSERVICES WEBCLIENT SCHEDULE

* Tivoli Storage Manager                                               *
* Sample Client User Options file for AIX and SunOS (dsm.opt.smp)      *

*  This file contains an option you can use to specify the TSM
*  server to contact if more than one is defined in your client
*  system options file (dsm.sys).  Copy dsm.opt.smp to dsm.opt.
*  If you enter a server name for the option below, remove the
*  leading asterisk (*).

SErvername       TSMSERVERA