ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] 3494 Partitioning

2009-02-17 11:26:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] 3494 Partitioning
From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:19:06 -0600
Can anyone refer me to the parameters options for partitioning a 3494 ATL?
It's easy to find that a 3494 can support two VTS partitions; I'm
questioning how we add TSM on AIX to the existing z/OS non-VTS use and a VTS
partition for z/OS.

We have new 3592s to coexist with the z/OS's 3590s, so there's no question
of sharing drives or volumes. I simply can't verify that we can set up a
another partition for this new image.

I have a copy of SG24-4409, the Redbook on partitioning 3494s. It doesn't
address the question and, worse, it hasn't been updated in a decade.

(I miss the 3584s I used at former sites. Sniff.) (Then again, someone said
a single 3584-L23 is about $300,000, so I guess I understand why they didn't
go that route right away.)

Thanks,
Nick