ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup of ownership and ACLs

2009-02-16 16:37:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup of ownership and ACLs
From: Mark Stapleton <Mark.Stapleton AT CDW DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:35:12 -0600
Can you even save ACLs to independent files,and then restore them in a batch?
If not, doing so would be more trouble than it's worth.

The real question here is *why* 10TB of files is undergoing ACL modified on a
daily basis. This sounds like very poor data management practice, or an
application of dubious quality.

--
Mark Stapleton
System engineer, CDW