ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] OS/390 or z/OS as Tivoli Clients

2009-02-07 03:23:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] OS/390 or z/OS as Tivoli Clients
From: Mehdi Salehi <iranian.aix.support AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 10:51:27 +0330
Let me explain the case more precisely:
- We do not have TSM now
- Automatic backup should include: Six Oracle Databases on AIX
servers, four MS SQL server databases, DB2 for z/OS (two-node
sysplex).
-TSM server could be on any of the following servers, but AIX is preferable.

We are in the phase of choosing TSM products and storage devices. What
do you recommend? Please let me know if "one" central TSM server and
"one" tape library are enough. If yes,  which platform of TSM server
suits best?

Regards,
Mehdi