ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 - article up on SearchStorage

2009-02-06 09:10:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 - article up on SearchStorage
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 09:09:42 -0500
"TSM 6.0 has an integrated DB2 engine that doubles the number of storable
data objects with the potential to manage a billion objects in a single
system"

Very interesting statement, considering up until December my main TSM
server was already at 400M objects (per total occupancy).  So, the limit
was 500M before now?

IIRC, at a TSMUG meet, Fannie-Mae said they had 3-TSM servers with 500GB
of DB on each with over 3P of storage.  If my DB at 180GB held 400M
objects, how many objects did they have?

"Laughlin, Lisa" <Lisa.Laughlin AT OA.MO DOT GOV>
02/06/2009 08:34 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 - article up on SearchStorage

And on IBM

http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/26608.wss

thanks!
lisa