ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] NAS 'Archive'

2009-02-04 11:21:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] NAS 'Archive'
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:17:53 -0500
We do long term "archives" for NAS systems all the time.  The MC route is
the best way.    Even if you go over IP, you still won't be able to export
the data.  It just saves you from having to create a separate pool, in
this case.  Unfortunately, there is no "GENERATE BACKUPSETTOC"  for NAS
backups on TSM, so you'll have to keep that around also.  (Because you
know they will want to browse the contents 7.01 years from now!)

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
02/04/2009 10:58 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] NAS 'Archive'

I need to send a couple NAS file systems off to tape forever.  Legal said
we have to so we will.  Because this is a Filer attached to a library I
see that backup sets and exports are not supported.  This leaves me with
the choice of creating a MC for this backup.  Is there a better way?

Andy Huebner

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized
representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using,
copying or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments.
immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any
attachments.
Thank you.

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.