ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SV: SFTP Backups?

2009-02-02 06:09:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] SV: SFTP Backups?
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 12:59:39 +0100
Hi Again,
I'm guessing you have a Linux Server located somewhere in your network.
Take a look on SSHFS.

http://fuse.sourceforge.net/sshfs.html

With SSHFS can you mount a SFTP Directory in Linux and then run a TSM Client to
back up the files without to download them first.

Here is a blog where someone install SSHFS in his UBUNTU Desktop machine.

http://blog.damontimm.com/how-to-mount-a-sftp-folder-ssh-ftp-on-ubuntu-linux-using-sshfs-fuse/

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson