ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM admin processes

2009-01-29 08:04:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM admin processes
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:02:43 -0500
On Jan 29, 2009, at 12:21 AM, Paul Dudley wrote:

Fortunately I have the use of a second IBM Tape Library for TSM which
uses LTO2 tapes. If I understand you correctly this is what I could
set
up:

Currently my BKPPOOL is on disk and the Next Storage Pool for that is
BKPLTO3POOL (LTO3 tapes). I create a new storage pool called
BKPLTO2POOL on the second LTO2 tape library and make that the Next
Storage Pool for BKPLTO3POOL. I then set the MIGDelay parameter for
BKPLTO3POOL to 180 so that any file that has not been written or
read in
the past 180 days gets migrated to BKPLTO2POOL.

Is that feasible?

That should do the deed, Paul.

   Richard