ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Best practices Managing a Full Library?

2009-01-28 16:54:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Best practices Managing a Full Library?
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:53:13 -0500
-----David E Mussulman wrote: -----

>Because I'm tight on library space, I keep my reclaimation values
>pretty high on the stgpool I'm migrating.

A high reclamation threshold means you will leave a volume
unreclaimed even though a large part of its capacity is being
used for expired files. If you are short on tape slots I would
think you would want reclamation thresholds as low as tape
drive throughput will allow in order to increase the average
amount of unexpired data per volume.