ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Hardware upgrade question(s)

2009-01-28 09:43:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Hardware upgrade question(s)
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:41:34 -0500
Do you currently have SAN storage on the old server?
Do you boot from the SAN storage, or is your rootvg on local/internal
drives?
Are you keeping that SAN storage, or replacing it also?
If you currently use SAN storage, is your entire TSM db/log and any other
filesystems on the SAN storage?

For example, we use internal disks for our boot volume (rootvg), so TSM is
installed and lives on the internal drives.  Our TSM server db/log and
other related filesystems are all on external SAN storage.

Depending on your answers, your migration to the new server could be very
easy . . . just a storage swing.

Rick

             goc
             <gooooc AT GMAIL DOT COM
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: Hardware upgrade question(s)

             01/28/2009 09:14
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

yes, thank you ... really straightforward technote,

i'm really more interested specific migration with db and logs on SAN
storage,
libraries stay the same , drives stay the same ... and like that,
and of course minimal downtime :-)

as i understand, having db and logs on SAN storage simplifies the thing
in a way that i don't need to restore db , am i right ?

thanks again

--

Marilyn Monroe  - "It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio
on."

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.