ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Hardware upgrade question(s)

2009-01-28 04:00:01
Subject: [ADSM-L] Hardware upgrade question(s)
From: goc <gooooc AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:59:15 +0100
hi all, i'm sure you can help me ...
we are getting ready for hardware upgrade of our old TSM servers , old servers
are IBM p640 and new ones are p520 or something like that i really don't know
because management simply forgets to forward this information :-) ... anyhow
i know there was a lot of discussion here on list about migration of TSM to new
hardware and i was always missing a part ... the procedure should go
something like
this i believe (please correct me and add stuff)

- install new servers
- cable connections to switches
- install TSM server software
- define TSM db and logs
- define drives (can i define drives if they are already defined to
old TSM server?)
- ?
- ?
- when and how should i import the database ?
- can i have 2 TSM server running parallel using same drives in tape
library (3584 with LTO3) ?

sheesh. so many questions !

thanks in advance ... and i'll check the list for additional answers

//
goran