ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exclude Files From Restore?

2009-01-27 17:49:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exclude Files From Restore?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:48:55 -0500
Robben,

You can use the EXCLUDE.RESTORE option (undocumented), which was intended
for just such a case. A client option set is the ideal spot:

 DEFINE CLIENTOPT optsetname INCLEXCL "EXCLUDE.RESTORE naughty.file.name"

Note that this option is undocumented at this time, but it should do the
trick for you.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/27/2009
05:20:51 PM:

> [image removed]
>
> Exclude Files From Restore?
>
> Robben Leaf
>
> to:
>
> ADSM-L
>
> 01/27/2009 05:24 PM
>
> Sent by:
>
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>
> [image removed]

> Robben Leaf <robben.leaf AT USBANK DOT COM>

> ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>
> Sent by:
>
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>
> Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>
> Greetings,
>
> In our environment, restores are by and large performed by the
Operations