ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DOMAIN option not working

2009-01-26 09:34:51
Subject: [ADSM-L] DOMAIN option not working
From: Matthias Feyerabend <M.Feyerabend AT GSI DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:33:53 +0100
Hello,

we are struggling already some days with a nasty deficiency of the TSM
client under Linux (Debian sarge).

Client version is 5510.
We have some dozens of these clients, all of them are backing up their
local filesystem /share/home/username with the option
"DOMAIN /share/home" in file dsm.opt.
/share/home/username is also automounted on /misc/username.

On some of these machines backup is no longer done properly.
TSM does not see any files under /share/home, consequently inactivates
all existing backups and  no backup is done at all.
On the machine all files can be seen under /share/home.

After reboot (in most of the cases) everything is working properly as
before and backups of /share/home is redone.
But some days later the problem reappears on the machine.

I can only suspect some deficiency in the Linux OS.
A hardware problem should not occur on a dozen machines.

I dont get any error messages neither from TSM or OS.
I was trying to do some tracing with traceflag=fs,incr , no further
gettings.

Has anybody an idea why this can happen: TSM does not see the files
which are definitively there ?

Thank you

Matthias Feyerabend

Matthias Feyerabend        | M.Feyerabend AT gsi DOT de
GSI Helmholtzzentrum fuer  | phone +49-6159-71-2519
Schwerionenforschung GmbH  | fax   +49-6159-71-2214
Planckstr. 1               |

D-64291 Darmstadt          | www.gsi.de