ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Question about loading Volume shadowCopy Services silently - resolved

2009-01-24 13:21:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] Question about loading Volume shadowCopy Services silently - resolved
From: Robert Ouzen Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 20:19:46 +0200
Hi

The solution is very simple in fact … silly me . The feature “Online Image
Support” with the option Volume ShadowCopy Services (VSS) just add a line in
the dsm.opt:     SNAPSHOTPROVIDERIMAGE        VSS

So need to add it to my generic dm.opt by default !!!!! No need to do a reboot
too ….

Regards   Robert

Hi

First thanks to all  for my last question about TDP Sql as usual Del Hoobler
for is great help ….. Now another question this time for loading a service on a
Windows client.

I managed to install a Windows client silently with the correct command in the
msiexec utility and to load all my scheduler (dsmcad, dsmagent and ….) with the
dsmcutil utility the last thing I need to be all done , is how to load the
“Online Image Support” with the Volume ShadowCopy Services (VSS) as a command
process that I can add to my batch file .

Did someone did it already ?????

Regards  Robert