ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Archive script for selected directory names

2009-01-22 18:00:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Archive script for selected directory names
From: Robben Leaf <robben.leaf AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:57:49 -0600
I think I got it worked out. It goes a little like this:

set MONTH=%date:~4,2%
if (%MONTH%) == (01) set ARCHFOLDER=m09
if (%MONTH%) == (02) set ARCHFOLDER=m10
... etc. for all 12 months
net use W: \\IP_address\vol0 /user:username password
W:
FOR /F %%d IN ('dir /s /b %%ARCHFOLDER%%') DO (C:\path\dsmc arch %%d\*
-optfile=C:\path\dsmarch.opt -subdir=yes -deletefiles)
C:
net use W: /delete

It's all been tested, except for the -deletefiles parameter - waiting for
the customer's OK on that one. The fact that it has to open a new TSM
session for every directory slows it down a bit (hundreds of these
directories, at an extra 3-4 seconds per new TSM session), but it gets the
job done. Had some trouble initially running the dsmc from the W: drive
(ANS0101E), but fixed it by defining the DSM_DIR system variable.

Robben Leaf