ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Windows 2003 Clients failing all of sudden after TSM server upgrade

2009-01-20 14:51:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Windows 2003 Clients failing all of sudden after TSM server upgrade
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:49:19 -0500
Robert...Thanks for your reply!

The SP level for most of the clients are SP2.

Thanks
Tim

Clark, Robert A wrote:

You don't mention the SP level for the W2K3.

People working with outdated docs (here) installed 5.2.x.x level TSM
clients on W2K3. Ironically, the older clients (5.2.x.x) work OK doing
legacy type system state backups.

If you put on a newer client (say 5.5.1.0) and W2K3 is at less than SP2,
WMI and system state backups are a complete mess.

So the short answer is: If its W2K3, get it to SP2 or later.

The memory issue (code 12) typically points to JBB and/or
memoryefficientbackup=diskcachemethod.

YMMV [RC]