ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Open File Support -Win2k3 32bit vs 64bit

2009-01-14 18:02:45
Subject: [ADSM-L] Open File Support -Win2k3 32bit vs 64bit
From: Jason Clarke <JCL AT GWSC.VIC.EDU DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:00:15 +1100
Hi list,

First post, new admin, thrown in the deep end :-)

5.4 server, 5.4 clients. New installs everywhere.
Win2k3 64bit server, mixture of Win2k3,2k,XP,Linux clients.

Going through the nightly Operational Report, I'm noticing that various
files are not backed up due to being in use. They're all 64bit machines.

When I did the client installs I made sure that Open File Support was
installed. However, the 64bit installer appears to not have it.

Funnily enough, the 64bit machines are the more important servers.
SQL/FSMO Roles etc.

Where do I look for more info regarding Open File support for 2k3 64bit,
either enabling it, using it or installing it?

Regards,

Jason Clarke
Network Manager
Glen Waverley S.C.