ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to delete offsite copy version only of data ?

2009-01-13 16:23:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to delete offsite copy version only of data ?
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:22:46 -0500
So I assume you have multiple primary pools, including that dead Netware
pool, that back up into one copy pool?  And you want to delete just SOME of
the nodes out of the Copy Pool?

Only good way I can think of, is to run MOVE NODEDATA on those Netware
servers.

Start with empty scratch volumes; run MOVE NODEDATA to get the data from
those boxes onto new tapes.

Run: select distinct node_name  from volumeusage where volume_name='000XXX'
to verify FER SURE that there is no other data on the volume

Then:
delete volume 000XXX discarddata=yes

That will purge the data from THOSE volumes out of the copy pool.  And if
you never run backup stgpool on the Netware copy pool again, you should be
OK.