ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] I'm missing something somewhere -- part 2

2009-01-13 13:06:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] I'm missing something somewhere -- part 2
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:24:23 -0500
----Original Message----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf
Of Mark Stapleton Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:20 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: Re: I'm missing something somewhere -- part 2

> What's the collocation on that pool set for? If it's collocated by
> node or by group, you might be seeing each node migrating.

Duh!

Good point!

I just set the nest pool up for collocation by group, with my trouble-maker in
a group by itself to see if I could improve the copy process.

And it *just* dawns on me the base source of the problem --

All of the data from the one node ends up on one tape (before I did the
collocation) because (a) this one node is generating 80% of the archives, and
(b) the only other nodes that run archives in this time frame target different
storage pools.

So I need to get the Intel/Vm team to use multiple management classes tied to
different pools, OR (for us maybe a better fit) run multiple concurrent
processes and jigger the max file size to get several to run direct to tape.

Thanks, all --

I've got a meeting scheduled for this afternoon to work on this.

Tom

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email and any attachments are for the
exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in
reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please
notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message
and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive
attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission of this
message.