ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Disconnect

2009-01-11 05:27:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Disconnect
From: km <km AT GROGG DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:25:52 +0100
On 11/01, Mad Unix wrote:
> Dear ALL
>
> During the daily backup of my linux systems I get the following message ...
>
> "ANS1809W A session with the TSM server has been disconnected. An
> attempt will be made to reestablish the connection.
> A Reconnection attempt will be made in 00:00:00 ... successful[  -]"
>
> What could be the issue?
>
> Thanks
>
> madunix

If you dont see alot of these messages and if they're not causing problems
then this might just be how TSM works and that the idletimeout value has
been reached. You could change that with the IDLETIMEOUT option on the
server, but I would advise against increasing it since it could lead to
other problems if you set it too high.

If you are actually experiencing problems from the disconnects then it
is a network issue. Most probably a firewall between the server and the
client that cuts the TCP connection or wrong media speed (speed+duplex)
settings of NICs and router ports.

-km