ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Question on DB2 expiration

2009-01-02 14:15:45
Subject: [ADSM-L] Question on DB2 expiration
From: Richard Mochnaczewski <Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 14:13:55 -0500
Hi *,

Our DBA group recently expired several terabytes of data. When they check with
their db2util utility, they see no backups. When I run a select statement on
the "virtual" filesystem type API:DB2/AIX64  for the respective databases I see
100% usage ( some range from 2Tb to 10Tb but they have all been cleaned up ).
The deletion of the backups have been done on Wednesday and expiration runs
daily at 8:00 AM to completion but the filespaces still show as being at 100%.
Is this a bug ? Running TSM 5.4.30 on AIX 5.3 .

Rich