ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restore Testing stories

2008-12-15 09:58:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restore Testing stories
From: Lindsay Morris <lindsay AT TSMWORKS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:56:58 -0500
Wow, good point, Andy: gotta have the same Service Pack level before
trying a bare metal restore.

But our whitepaper doesn't address that, because we don't (yet) help
with full, bare-metal DR tests.
We help with the 99% of systems you DON'T have time to do a DR test
on, by random-sampling the backed-up files and restoring one or two of
them.
Glad you found it intriguing.  I don't think anybody has ever tried to
do this before.

So I continue to ask for horror stories about restores that failed,
and why.
(Keep the customer anonymous, please - some stories could be
embarassing!)

Come on, folks: got more?

------
Lindsay Morris