ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Restore Testing stories

2008-12-12 17:16:16
Subject: [ADSM-L] Restore Testing stories
From: lmorris99 <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 16:16:59 -0500
Would you be so kind as to share your stories about why restores fail, when
they do?

We are working on a way to prevent such failures.
(Our whitepaper is at http://www.tsmworks.com/downloads/art-whitepaper.pdf, if
you're curious.)

Your real-world anecdotes are helpful!
Stories like:

    * "we found that the node had not been backed up in 3 months"
    * "the user's exclude list had excluded the file he needed"
    * "the tape volume TSM needed was missing / damaged / etc."

are what we're looking for. Got some?

Respond here, mail me, call me - all good.
Thanks!
Lindsay Morris
Principal
TSMworks, Inc.