ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] piping commands in dsmadmc

2008-12-10 19:16:07
Subject: [ADSM-L] piping commands in dsmadmc
From: Stephan Boldt <stephan.boldt+adsm-l AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 01:13:15 +0100
Hello,

is there any way to pipe use the output of one command as an input of
another? For example if I want to cancel a running space reclamation of a
certain storagepool. So I first have to get the process number and cancel
this process. What I'm looking for is something like this:

select process_num from processes where process='Space Reclamation' and
status like '%TAPE_FILESYSTEM%' | cancel process

Obviously this doesn't work, but is there another way to get this done?

kind regards,
Stephan