ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Wait=yes with multiple processes

2008-12-10 16:30:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] Wait=yes with multiple processes
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:29:06 -0500
We have a 5.4.2.0 TSM server running under mainframe Linus. Our
daily housekeeping uses 'backup stgpool', 'migrate stgpool',
and 'reclaim stgpool' commands that start multiple processes.
The home-grown software that manages our housekeeping figures
out when each of these activities is done by examining data
piped from an administrative client session with the console
option. I am looking into the possibility of simplifying the
management software by using the 'wait=yes' option of the
various commands. How does this option behave with multiple
processes? In particular, does the command end when the last
of the multiple processes ends?