ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Max file size on Diskpool Volume

2008-12-09 05:32:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] Max file size on Diskpool Volume
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:26:45 +0100
Hi all *SMers,
I just have a quick question for you all. I met a customer today where they
tried to setup a 4 TB Diskpool on Windows Server 2003 TSM Server.
And the person who setup the volume did setup something like this 10 x 100GB
and 3 x 1TB. All the TSM Client backups went fine but TSM Server did only send
in data to the Diskpool Volumes that was 100GB Each. It never write any data to
the 1TB files.

I have never see anyone create a 1TB Diskpool Volume, so my question is, have
anyone done that before and is it even supported?
NTFS should have support for that kind of size of files but does TSM Support it?

More info about NTFS max sizes:  http://www.ntfs.com/ntfs_vs_fat.htm

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson