ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Fastback has me stumped

2008-12-08 11:49:18
Subject: [ADSM-L] Fastback has me stumped
From: Nicholas Rodolfich <NRodolfich AT CMAONTHEWEB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 10:47:23 -0600
Hello All,

Thanks for your help!!

I am trying to install the new Fastback product to familiarize myself with
it before I have to implement it at a client site. After several
install/reinstall I found out the default login by accident and now I can
get into the product but not much further.

I am using a blade that boots from a SAN and the disk I will be using for a
repository is also a SAN LUN.

I have the Fastback manager, Control Station, Mount and the Administrative
client installed on a lab machine that will act as the Fastback server.
This lab has no AD. I have installed the client code on a workstation for a
test client and the only entry in the Fastback Client Configurator is
basically the IP of the Fastback server.  When I go back to the server I
cannot see the Fastback client I just installed. According to the doc I
should see it under the Storage Pool branch of the tree. Additionally when
I try to do a manual snapshot there is no field for the client to be
snapshotted only a group field.

I have heard that this product is easy to configure but I am not seeing it
yet. Is the product designed to work with AD only.  Is there no notion of a
client system on the server? What am I missing?

Nicholas