ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup of share will not work with schedule

2008-12-07 08:49:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup of share will not work with schedule
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 07:47:54 -0600
You would think.  However, many times the users "buy" some product, and
IT is only involved after the fact and left trying to reverse engineer a
solution.  I've been in this boat, complained about and the whole nine
yards, but it does little good.  So far I've only had 1 vendor that had
an "appliance" that would not allow me to install TSM, however, they
piped their db backups to a share I created on another server and I back
that up.  I did, however, as stated earlier, insist that they give me a
server to use for this purpose.

See Ya'
Howard