ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] NAS NDMP backups using a copy pool

2008-12-04 12:05:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] NAS NDMP backups using a copy pool
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 18:02:30 +0100
On Dec 4, 2008, at 17:51 , Joni Moyer wrote:

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded a TSM AIX 5.3 server to 5.5.1.1 and would like to
begin utilizing the copy pools for our offsite backups.  I've been
searching in the 5.5 manuals for good documentation on how to set
this up
and then fold it into our DRM plan, but I'm not finding much.  Does
anyone
know how to do this?  Thanks in advance!

in order to do this, make sure there are no paths defined from your
filer to your drives, only in that case will the TSM server use NDMP
via the LAN and use the normal storage hierarchy (so you'll need to
setup your ndmp nodes to backup to a 'normal' storagepool (DISK)

Now that the data is coming into the normal hierarchy you can do the
usual stuff.

chapter 7 of the admin guide is your best reference:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/topic/com.ibm.itsmaixn.doc/anragd55172.htm#nscfg

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Storage Mngt Analyst III
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com

--