ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Question about group collocation

2008-12-03 03:27:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Question about group collocation
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT UNI-ULM DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 09:25:55 +0100
Hi Farren ,
you can have it all. If you set the stg to group-collocation and
want a group or even a single node to be collocated then you set
up the collocation groups with the number of members as needed.
We only use group-collocation and if a single node should be collocated then
we just define one collocation-group with one member. This acts like
node-collocation.

When you change your stg from node- to group- collocation
note that the currently Filling-Volumes possibly won't be written again. It's
no problem
but after some time you may identify those volumes (by the filling-status and
an old
"Approx. Date Last Written" ) and simply move those volumes with
'move data <volumename> reconstr=yes'. The output of that data will be
written to those volumes you expect (group-collocation).
It's just for saving empty slots ...

Rainer

Sam Rawlins schrieb:

Hi Farren,

As per the Admin Guide > Configuring and Managing Server Storage > Chapter
10 > Keeping a Client's Files Together > Planning for and Enabling
Collocation, located here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/topic/com.ibm.itsmcw.doc/anrwgd55330.htm#colplan
you are correct; when collocation is set to 'group,' data belonging to nodes
which are not members of a collocation group is stored "on as few volumes as
possible."
This text is found in the 5.4 and 5.5 Admin Guides. The Admin Guide for 5.3
was not as specific.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:56 AM, Minns, Farren - Chichester <