ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Where is the missing 38GB?

2008-12-02 15:27:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Where is the missing 38GB?
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 15:25:57 -0500
Been there...........done that..............doing it right
now.......................up to 5-TSM servers and possibly another one in
the future....constantly running EX/IMPORTS moving nodes around to balance
the load.

Mark Stapleton <Mark.Stapleton AT CDW DOT COM>
12/02/2008 03:13 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Where is the missing 38GB?

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf
Of Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU
> This is a test server, previously decommission from use about 9-months
> ago.  I unloaded/reloaded the previous production DB to a new server.
> Then
> I went through and deleted everything.
>
> Don't keep us in suspense.......and the answer is ?????????

The answer is DSMSERV UNLOADDB followed by DSMSERV LOADDB. And even
then, any sort of major fragmentation will soon return.

This is why the best answer to moving portions of a TSM server to
another box (for load sharing, for instance) is to start with a fresh
box and do IMPORT NODE work.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT cdw DOT com)
CDW Berbee