ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] anyone currently using or evaluating TSM FastBack

2008-12-01 14:38:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] anyone currently using or evaluating TSM FastBack
From: Mark Stapleton <Mark.Stapleton AT CDW DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:36:38 -0600
You normally schedule replication processes with Fastback (or do them
manually), or you can engage the CDP technology to make it real-time.

I haven't been able to do a good field (i.e., long-distance fat tub of
data made up of zillions of little files) test yet, so I still need to
find out just how "real-time" it is. Bandwidth throttling is an option,
so large changes could be set to be "semi" synchronous.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT cdw DOT com)
CDW Berbee

FastBack