ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] HI! WHY dsm.sys & dsm.opt why not a single file on client side

2008-12-01 10:52:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] HI! WHY dsm.sys & dsm.opt why not a single file on client side
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:31:21 -0500
The DSM.SYS is also configurable with multiple stanza for different
nodes/options and the DSM.OPT (on *NIX platforms) is used to select the
stanza.

For example, I have Domino servers on Solaris that have 6-server
instances.  They require 3-different TSM nodes each (Logs, Incremental,
Selective).  So my DSM.SYS has 19-stanzas.

Each scheduler process uses the "optfile" parm to pick a DSM.OPT to use
which points to the stanza in the DSM.SYS

srinivas ryiad <sridhar6733 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
11/26/2008 08:22 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] HI! WHY dsm.sys & dsm.opt why not a single file on client side

HI!
WHY dsm.sys & dsm.opt why not a single file on client side any specifc
reason?

thanks