ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Library manager v Gresham

2008-11-24 20:48:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Library manager v Gresham
From: Mark Stapleton <Mark.Stapleton AT CDW DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:46:38 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf
Of Alex Paschal
> I don't know what Mark meant about inability to use the library due to
> resyncing TSM to Gresham.  I don't recall ever syncing TSM with EDT,
it
> wasn't necessary since ACSLS was managing the library, but I suppose
> there could be some other functionality I wasn't aware of.

When I worked for Customer X (two STK 9310s, EDT, and 10 instances of
TSM, there would be times when one or more TSM instances couldn't use a
given tape drive because it couldn't sync with the EDT definition. In
order to get all the instances sync'd backed up, we had to shut down all
tape operations, and run a Gresham utility on each instance to get the
sync back and running. A pain in the posterior...

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT cdw DOT com)
CDW Berbee