ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Fw: LAN-free storage agent backing up other clients?

2008-11-20 15:02:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Fw: LAN-free storage agent backing up other clients?
From: Orville Lantto <orville.lantto AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:01:23 -0500
Incorrect, Kimosabe!

>From the TSM 5.5 announcement letter:

LAN-free to disk support is available for specific IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
systems, which are listed on the product Web pages. The customer's use of
Tivoli SANergy components, included with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Storage
Area Networks, is limited to use of LAN-free backup and restore to disk, in
conjunction with its licensed use of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Storage
Area Networks. The Tivoli SANergy components included with IBM Tivoli Storage
Manager for Storage Area Networks may not be used for any other purpose.

Orville Lantto  |  Consultant
GlassHouse Technologies, Inc.

orville.lantto AT glasshouse DOT com |  www.glasshouse.com
Infrastructure :: Optimized