ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] "Waiting for access to input volume"

2008-11-19 17:33:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] "Waiting for access to input volume"
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:32:39 -0500
It's intermittent slow backups that can sometimes occupy the virtual tape
like this.
I would like to make sure that a single slow backup doesn't hold up the
whole "Life Cycle".   I would prefer to have the single Backup Storage
pool process fail and move to the next step in the housekeeping script
than having to cancel the backup manually when I happen to notice this
happening.  If I can't find a time-out, then I will setup a monitor script
to cancel if the wait time gets too large)

Any ideas?

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
zforray AT VCU DOT EDU

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
11/19/2008 04:01 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] "Waiting for access to input volume"

Perhaps a stuck restore has the volume?   Check "Q RESTORE"....

Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
11/19/2008 03:45 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] "Waiting for access to input volume"

Does anyone know how to set the time-out for this?  The device class
"Mount Wait" doesn't seem to apply

14     Backup Storage Pool      Primary Pool VTL_C1, Copy Pool VTL_C2,
Files
Backed Up: 7, Bytes Backed Up:
17,871,357,954,
Unreadable Files: 0, Unreadable Bytes: 0.

Current Physical File (bytes): 10,866,872

Waiting for access to input volume
K00459L3
(27271 seconds). Current output volume:
W00472L3.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or
partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that
certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas
RCC, Inc.