ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ?? TDP for DBs - does it support SQL Express?

2008-11-19 12:22:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ?? TDP for DBs - does it support SQL Express?
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:20:28 -0500
The interesting thing about that I found is that if the SQLServer service is
running, the TSM client doesn't even "see" the MDF/LDF files for the active
databases. I mean they just plain don't show up in the list with little X's
that say they are excluded. You stop the service and the files are there.

Had a similar experience with the latest Oracle and their VSS component. But
they at least showed up in the QUERY INCLEXCL list as "operating system".

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.