ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] big restore - help!

2008-11-14 16:01:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] big restore - help!
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:59:33 -0500
On Nov 14, 2008, at 3:21 PM, Richard Rhodes wrote:

I need to perform a full restore of a system.  It has the following
filespaces listed at the bottom.

===============================
Filespaces
================================

/SAPINST46C/
/appltrans/
/oracle/EQ1/102_64/
/oracle/EQ1/920_64/

Rick -

We don't have the benefit of your dsmc restore command details to
fully study the situation, but one possible issue I see in the
abstract is that your list is not filespace names, but directory
names:  TSM is a stickler for syntax, and it is the convention that a
slash on the end of a name designates a directory.  You can see this
if you go to your server and perform 'Query Filespace /appltrans/':
that will fail because of non-conformance to naming conventions.

Beyond that, assure that target file systems are mounted, and that
they exactly match the names of the TSM file spaces.

   Richard Sims